52 Projects is an adventure in discovery. Every week, for 52 weeks, do something. Something you’ve never done before. Something you’ve always wanted to do. Something that scares you. Something that inspires you. Something that inspires others. Something that tickles your fancy. Something that caught your eye. Something that just popped into your head. It can be big. It can be small. It can be whatever you want it to be. Find out how doing something can lead you to discover things about yourself, your world, your God. Then, come here on Sundays and share it with others. I'll write about mine here, you write about yours on your blog, then use the tool in my post to link to your something. Please feel free to jump in and participate anytime throughout the year!
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Week 11: a new blogging adventure
and The Find
I know, I know; it’s hard to believe that I’ve taken on yet another blog project. I’ve had this idea rolling around my head for quite some time though: The Farmer’s Market and The Find. It really does combine my love for farmers markets and thrift stores/yard sales. I think I kept procrastinating because I didn’t want to manage too many blogs at once. It dawned on me though that I don’t have to start a whole new blog for this idea; I can simply post once a week over at my main blog. Here’s how it works:
1. Every week I’ll pick a recipe that I want to try.
2. On either Friday or Saturday I’ll visit a local farmers market to buy the main ingredients.
3. On my way home from the farmers market I’ll stop at one of my favorite thrift stores. The challenge is to spend no more than $8 at the thrift store. I really believe that are some real hidden gems out there for under $10. Let’s not forget the thrill of a yard sale where the prices are even better than store prices!
4. Every Sunday I’ll be posting The Farmers Market and the Find on my Painted House blog. The post will feature a recipe made from fresh produce I’ve found at a farmers market and something that I’ve found after my visit to the farmers market.
Doesn’t that sound like fun? Go on over here to The Painted House to see this week’s first posting of The Farmers Market and The Find.
On a side note, I want to thank those of you who participate every week here. There are weeks that I’m not motivated to do my project for one reason or another. But I always do because I have to hold myself accountable for a project that I started where people are also expecting me to show up. There were really two main reasons that I started 52 Projects:
1. Because I experienced first hand how empowering it is to push myself to step out each week and challenge myself to learn something even when I didn’t want to. It’s a blessing to have a sound mind that produces so many ideas and I think it’s important to honor God for the gift of our existence and…
2. Because I needed to know that I could be passionate about an idea and follow it through to completion. I’ve left so many good ideas in the dust and I got tired of the cycle of incompletion.
Thank you for showing up. I never knew if there would be 1 participant or none when I started here. I just knew I would be here every week and seeing others here has made it even more rewarding.
What did you do this week?