52 Projects is an adventure in discovery. Every week, for 52 weeks, do something. Something you’ve never done before. Something you’ve always wanted to do. Something that scares you. Something that inspires you. Something that inspires others. Something that tickles your fancy. Something that caught your eye. Something that just popped into your head. It can be big. It can be small. It can be whatever you want it to be. Find out how doing something can lead you to discover things about yourself, your world, your God. Then, come here on Sundays and share it with others. I'll write about mine here, you write about yours on your blog, then use the tool in my post to link to your something. Please feel free to jump in and participate anytime throughout the year!

Jane


Monday, September 27, 2010

Week 36: a pie in the face




Once again, I am a day late in posting for my project and I apologize!

This past weekend was my birthday. I've wanted to have a pie thrown in my face for the longest time. Year after year, I made my wish known yet it never happened. Until Saturday.

I was getting ready to go out and run a few errands when Breen asked me to sit outside on one of our little garden chairs on the front lawn. I knew he was up to something but honestly I was expecting some sort of gift. So I sat there with my eyes closed and my hands opened. I could hear Breen singing Happy Birthday along with Max and Kendall. When I finally asked if I could open my eyes I was staring in to an enormous pie tin topped with a mountain of whipped cream. I barely had time to react when it was hurled in to my face. Kendall got video footage. Max took still photos. It was the best birthday present ever! Not only was it just a pie, it was chocolate pudding cream which I had always requested. Breen made it with his own two hands while I was out earlier that morning. I was so surprised! For hours I could still "taste" dairy since it had gone so far up my nostrils.

What did you do this week?

7 comments:

  1. This is so weird and so cool! Hahahaha. Who'd have thought that "tasting" pudding via one's nostrils could make for a romantic bonding experience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~to the best year that will come to be...it has already started with a wish come true!! way to breen for giving your wife such a gift!! happy happy birthday dear Jane...and i have to say...i think max has a nack for photography...i l♥ve the last picture...he captured the moment beautifully...one birthday surround by l♥ve...one song sang to thee...and a chocolate cream pie in the birthday girls face...PRICELESS! warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday present, Jane! I hope that you had a great birthday and that you are well! Love, O

    ReplyDelete
  4. no WAY! this is entirely too much for words. the most fabulous post i've seen all day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fun a pie in the face maybe one day I will get the courage to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    I found this via a Google Blog-search for "pie in the face" (I love a pie in the face myself, having also dreamed of it for years before it finally happened and became a quasi-annual event), and I've been looking around your other blogs for a while since that. I love your approach to life as a source of creative discovery, and your writing about same. I look forward to reading more about your adventures!

    (And great job taking that pie. A pie in the face should be fun!)

    ReplyDelete